Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New A Wolf. A Liar. release streaming live now!




I've been waiting for a chance to give this one a full listen-thru. The new album from A Wolf A Liar made its appearance on iTunes this week, which I don't use much at all. The previews sounded great, but I like to hold out for the physical copy. Well I'm not sure if I will get a copy before their show opening for Impending Doom on June 25 at The Chameleon Room (tickets here). But thanks to Under The Gun website, the entire album is streaming free. I had a hard time getting the songs to play on the above link, but here is the link to UTG's soundcloud page, which may work better.

The type of scream vocals used on this album are, in my opinion, a little harder to pull off. I like the screams a lot, the lyrics are decipherable to attentive listeners. The music is quite faithful to the metalcore genre, but has some really interesting breaks from the norm, like the title track, "Persevere". It takes you on an atmospheric, ambient journey far away from low tuned tritone powerchords, even utilizing some electronic drums and synth sounds. I'm a little less of a fan of the clean vocals on this album, but I don't dislike them. They are used well and in the right spots.

So right now is the time to give this one a listen for free! They did a great job and took their time to get everything right. I will really be looking forward to getting my hard copy of "Persevere", and seeing them open up for the great Impending Doom!!! Pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment